Wednesday 18 May 2016

Rough day at sea!

Tuesday 17 May.


Not a very good day today we were moved feeling terrible. Moira dosed herself up with paracetamol, anti-histamine and cortisone pills and began to feel better as the day went on. I took some paracetamol but got worse. I took the other pills That worked for Moira before I went to sleep.


The weather was not very good. It was dry but the sea was rough and it was blowing a gale. We were nearly blown away as we crossed the open deck by the pool when we went to the buffet for breakfast. So there wasn't to be any sitting on on deck today to get fresh air into our lungs. After breakfast we went to the Sinfonia lounge on deck 6, near the theatre after breakfast to sit and read. It seems to be the air conditioning that causing the problem as there are a lot of people complaining about coughs and sore throats.


I started a new book, I was getting fed up with my book on climate change and energy conservation, it was quite good but not entertaining enough when I wasn't up to scratch. The novel I started was by Anne Cleeves, one of her Shetland mysteries, 'dead Water'. So far it is all right. There was a talk in the theatre late morning about Tangiers where we will be stopping after the Canaries. When we got there all the seats were taken and people were sitting on the aisle stairs. We didnt bother and for a change went below to deck 5 and Sheilagh's Bar, the Irish pub. The air conditioning wasn't so bad there and I didn't feel any worse. We stayed there until it was time to go up to the buffet for lunch.


In the afternoon it was back to Irish pub where we spent the afternoon. Moira had finished with reading the paper on her iPad and I got my turn, after I finished with the sport, news and letters i tackled the crossword. There were four woman at the table behind playing cards, one of them was attempting to teach the other how the play pontoon but they seemed to be clueless. We stayed until 4:00 pm when I was beginning to get stiff and sore sitting all day and moved up to the cabin to stretch out on the bunks. As we left the women at the table had progressed to poker but with little more success.


I lay on the bed and read for an hour but then felt tired and went to sleep. When I woke again I was much worse and it was another night of missing dinner and the show. Moira who was a lot livlier went to the buffet for her meal and brought me back a sandwich and an apple. That did me fine and I was able to read for another hour before dropping of to sleep for the night. Hopefully the load of pills I had taken after my 'meal' will do the trick and I will be a bit better in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment