Wednesday 11 May 2016

Another day on the ocean.

Tuesday 10 May.

 

There was a bit of cloud about this morning as we made our way up to the track for our morning speed walk. I still didn't want to risk my achilles so I stayed with Moira. We started slowly but after a lap we picked up the pace and began moving quite briskly. Our session was a little longer this time, about 34 minutes. When we finished Moira returned to the cabin to shower while I went to the gym.

 

I had a half hour workout. I concentrated on my upper body and abs. It wasn't busy at that time of the morning and there wasn't any problems getting to use the different pieces of equipment. After my exercising I had a shower in the cabin before heading to the buffet for breakfast. For the rest of the morning I went to the disco lounge again where it was comfortable but Moira went outside in the fresh sea air to sit and do her knitting. I had her iPad with the downloaded paper and after finishing my book I worked on the crossword and caught up with the news. There was another dance class in the lounge, this morning it was the cha cha cha. The instructor announced that tomorrow it would be a 'line dancing' class and when I told Moira she agreed we would give it a go.

 

For a change it was the grill for lunch today, I had a hamburger and chips and Moira went for the pizza with salad. There was now breaks in the cloud and the sun was shining through so I joined Moira on the deck to sit. I had my shirt off to get some sun on my body but it got too hot so we retreated to a shadier spot. I started another book by Peter James in the DS Grace series; 'Want You Dead'. I read a couple of chapters but again it was difficult to see the iPad screen in the sunshine. I went back to the disco lounge and read there until it was time for another short session at the gym.

 

I had a 30 minute workout again concentrating on my chest and arms. When I finished I relaxed in the cabin with a cup of tea until it was time to have dinner in the buffet. The show tonight in the theatre was called 'Lipstick' and they announced in as a 'very sexy show'. Moira's description was 'a lot of young girls auditioning for a whorehouse'. It was the dance troupe and mostly scantily clad girls 'bumping and grinding' in provocative poses. Moira didn't watch it but got her iPad out and read while it was on. I watched but beside the theme the dancing was also rubbish. I reckoned that even the celebrities in 'Strictly Come Dancing' were better than them never mind the professionals. I don't know how this show went down with the many (highly religious) Afrikaners from SA on the cruise, not very well I expect and there wasn't any 'standing ovation' tonight.

 

When it finished we went to the Sinfonia Bar just along from the theatre where we enjoyed the music last night. There was another dance instruction class on when we got there, the cha cha cha again. We watched until the music started. There was the Country duo first then the young lad with the guitar. It was another pleasant evening after the poor show in the theatre.

 

Before going to bed we went up to the top deck to check out the night sky and the stars. Unfortunately with the 'light pollution' for the ship we could only see a few of the brighter stars. Maybe there will be another stargazing evening when they turn out the lights, if so we will make a point of getting there. It was a bit later getting back to the cabin but we were soon in bed and off to sleep.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment