Saturday 18 June 2016

Poor Wales, lucky England.

Thursday 16 June.

 

It was another day without a lot of activity. The weather wasn't very good again with showers most of the day. The forecast for tomorrow is lot more promising and hopefully we can get some more gardening done.

 

After breakfast I went into the external hard drive we have looking for a file with the list of marathons and ultra marathons I have run over the years. I found it and transferred it on to the laptop. Then after a lot of hassle eventually managed to get it on to the Google cloud and from there transferee it to the iPad. While I was doing that Moira emptied one or two of the boxes we had shipped over from SA. It was the ones with the books in them and also my diaries. I checked on the list of marathons and for the years that were missing I found the relevant diaries and inserted the results for these years. There are still a couple of years where I couldn't find the diaries and I don't know where they could be. I added up the number of races I have listed and it is about 135. With the years that are missing I estimated that the final total would be over 150. This took most of the day, on and off, to do.

 

We got in touch with Hector and Fiona on FaceTime. They have family coming to stay over the next week or two so it will be a while before we get through to see them. I phoned David on Skype and arranged to see him next week.

 

In the afternoon there was the football match between England and Wales in the Euro 2016 Cup. There wasn't any score and about 10 minutes before half time there was a knock at the door. It was a guy wanted to sell me replacement windows at a discount, I eventually told him I wasn't interested and was watching the football. I got rid of him just in time, Wales had a free kick 35 yards out and Bale scored from it. From that distance the keeper should have saved it easily but made a hash of it. In the second half Hodgson made two substitutions, one was Vardy who scored from an offside position and got away with it because a Wales defender touched it with his head first. Wales looked like they were going to hang on for a draw but Sturridge the other England sub score in injury time with one minute to go. The commentators now praised Hodgson for his tactical brilliance with his half time changes, he was just lucky! England were the better team but its still annoying when they win.

 

In the evening I was going to watch 'Springwatch' but Moira said there was a couple of episodes in the 'One Foot in the Grave' comedy series with Richard Wilson. They were quite old now but still good. It was bed time when it finished.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment